Futuristic Food Chemistry
Food chemistry comprises three biological components of food — carbohydrates, lipids and proteins. Carbohydrates are sugars, the chemical fuels needed for better functioning of our cells . Lipids are fats and oils that lubricate the organs within the body. Proteins are complex molecules composed of amino acids that are chained, folded together into three-dimensional structure . Our body can synthesize some of the amino acids; however eight essential amino acids must be taken in as part of our food. Food chemists work on improvising the quality,processing ,safety, storage and taste of our food. Flavorists work with chemicals to improve sensory appeal, such as enhancing color, odor or texture.
- Track 1-1 Chemistry of Food
- Track 2-2 Human Nutrition
- Track 3-3 Food Security
- Track 4-4 Functionality and Behavior of Hydro-colloids
- Track 5-5 Testing and Analysis of Food
- Track 6-6 Storage and Preservation of Food