Nuclear chemistry is the sub-discipline of chemistry which mainly focuses on radioactivity, nuclear processes, and nuclear transmutation. It involves the study of the synthesis of new radioactive materials and their uses in various applications. Nuclear chemistry is concerned mainly with the study of the nucleus, its properties, and changes. Nuclear chemistry plays an important role in medicine especially as a diagnostic tool in cancer treatment. Nuclear chemistry is useful as well as more hazardous to the living being.
- Track 17-1 Radiation chemistry
- Track 17-2 Types of nuclear reactions
- Track 17-3 Nuclear spectroscopy
- Track 17-4 Nuclear medicine
- Track 17-5 Nuclear transmutation